Image Map

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Holidayz

Another year is coming to a close, and I have a lot to be thankful for, this year. I'm not going to go into detail or anything, but I feel very lucky to be alive.

Even though the Christmas holiday is over, I want to share with all of you, my Christmas eve, and Christmas day outfits. I would have uploaded them after Christmas, but I have been busy and too tired to post, so here goes!

For Christmas eve, I didn't want to wear something too fancy because I wasn't heading out anywhere, and my family friends were arriving. I wore a simple vintage white and red stripped sweater, and black pants. I had a vintage brooch from the 1950s/1960s, that has holly on it an is a cute little bell. I had my hair done, having pin curls in my hair for three days, and accessorized it with one of my homemade Christmas hair pieces, which I showed you guys in one of my last posts.




For Christmas day, I wanted to share some of the goodies I received. I don't ask for much, because I don't like telling people to get me things, but when you have family that understand you and knows what you like, well I got spoiled. 


I finally received something from Pinup Girl Clothing, which is something I've been lusting over for a very long time!


Left to right: PUG Jenny skirt in red and chocolate brown harlequin, This Property is Condemned  soundtrack with Natalie Wood, four lovely paintings which my sister painted for me of Ann Margret, Elvis Presley, Ricky Nelson, and Natalie Wood, and then finally an Elvis pillow which I have also been obsessing over for some time now. 


I couldn't wait to put my new skirt on. I wore it Christmas day, with a black v-neck, black cardigan, black flats, a vintage pink opera belt which matched perfectly, and I also have a vintage wreath brooch that has pink stones in it. For my hair, I put it up in a sort of vintage-style, and of course, put one of my hair accessories in. 

Now, I see a lot of people who review their new PUG pieces, so I figured I'd do it anyway, since I just love this skirt so damn much. 


When I put this skirt on, I was a little disappointed on the fact that it was a tiny bit too big, and sits above my hips. It's a size medium, but the last time I measured my waist I was a 28 or 29 inch, thus why I assumed it would fit snug, being that's the size for the waist on the PUG size chart for M. It's been awhile since I measured my waist, so maybe I've gone down. I just worry that the next time I try getting a PUG piece that its too tight, if I get a small instead....I guess I'll just have to go to the Pinup Girl Boutique in Burbank, Cal. and try stuff on. Not sure when I'd be able to get down to California. I suppose every piece is different. Anyway, besides the size mishap, I LOVE this skirt. It's the most beautiful skirt that I own. The color is stunning, the fabric is lovely, the pattern - oh, that harlequin!!!!!!! I just looooooooooooove it! I was also really quite happy with length of this skirt. I like that it goes a little below the knee, because in my opinion, it makes for a more authentic 1950's circle skirt. I never ever want to take this skirt off. 


I cannot wait to get me another PUG piece. I want all the Jenny's!!! I can't get over this color combo! I love that I have a lot of shirts and accessories that will go perfectly with this. I have lots of black (a heck of a lot; aka my entire wardrobe), pinks, reds, and soft whites. This skirt gets better and prettier each time I wear it. Beware: I will have many outfit's in the new year with this skirt, so keep an eye out! 

I've had a pretty good Christmas, and pretty good year. I can only hope that 2015 will be positively smashing! I have a lot to look forward to, and can only wish for the best. I've been itching to share with everyone my goals and ambitions for the new year, but that will just have to wait until the new year comes. 

See you all in 2015~ Have a happy New Years, much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog