Image Map

Saturday 6 December 2014

How To Tie A Headscarf

So, I am sure there are some of you lovely ladies who are new to the 'pin up' look, or vintage look, and were curious as to how some can achieve the perfect vintage style headscarf. Tying headscarf's are insanely easy. Since I'am a perfectionist when it comes to certain things, it can be frustrating for me if it doesn't look good enough; but all in all, it takes no more than a minute and a half.

Headscarf's are perfect for bad hair days when you just don't want to bother doing anything to your head but still want to have that vintage look. They're also used (and probably used more often) to wrap up pin curls or foam rollers in. I wore headscarf''s a lot in the summer, it was like my outfit must have; so I got pretty good at all sorts of scarf tying. 

One thing I have not done before is a head turban, used from a vintage template. It was surprisingly super easy, but I would like to have another (longer and better) scarf to use for next time I decide to do this style again.
What I have come up with is a step by step, using pictures on how I tied my turban in my last outfit post. I also added a second tutorial picture, step by step on how I would regularly tie my headscarf. 

To begin, with my 'vintage style turban', you need to have a long scarf that is quite thick in width. Any old scarf will do, as I used just a scarf I'd use around my neck. 

Here's what it will look like: 

Step One: Find a long scarf.


Step Two: Position scarf.


Step Three: Place it to your liking.


Step Four: Take two ends and wrap around the back, having them crossover each other.


Step Five: Bring the two ends in the back and place them in the front. Crossover again.


Step Six: Twist ends together.


Step Seven: Tuck ends into the sides.


Step Eight: Finished! You can always add an accessory like a big brooch.


Here's my second way to tie a headscarf. How I usually do it.

Step One: Get a scarf, but a scarf that is square. Then fold it into a triangle. Its okay if you keep half the scarf like this, and not completely even. This makes the scarf larger and covers your entire head. You don't need to do this if you have a large scarf.


Step Two: Flip it around, and put it on the back of your head, ending just above the neck. Make sure the pointed end it in your face, like this.


Step Three: Take the two ends, lift them up.


Step Four: Tie knot over pointed end to secure in place.


Step Five: Take triangle and lift it over the knot from before.


Step Six: Tie another knot over that, to secure.


Step Seven: Take ends, and tuck them into the sections on the side. Now, at this point you could also take ends and make it into a bow, but this particular scarf was not long enough to do that.


Step Eight: Finished! You can also add an accessory, but I'd suggest only doing that if your scarf is a simple color and has no design on it already.

Hope you enjoyed these step by step tutorials, and help you to create your vintage-styled head piece! Comment below if any of these helped, or if you'd like to see any other headscarf tutorials in the future. I'd also like to point out that when I was first starting out with these headscarf's, I watched this tutorial on YouTube, and it helped me out a lot. It's easy to follow, and has many unique looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog