Image Map

Friday 23 January 2015

Vintage Lingerie

Hello lovelies! On this post I wanted to share some of my lingerie pieces, such as night gowns, bed jackets, robes, slips, etc. I also had recently bought and received some new vintage pieces. Like I said in my previous post, vintage lingerie is my favorite vintage pieces to find. Lingerie is just not made as well as they use to be. Many people have things they enjoy collecting/finding, I just happen to enjoy collecting lingerie from the 1960's 'n older. So here are some of my favorites that I own:


Here is a silk under shirt, with a matching silk skirt slip from the 1950's-1960's. I use these two pieces often, underneath various shirt/skirt combo's. I believe that I paid maximum $4 for both together.


So here I am wearing the same shirt as the one above, but the under shorts are probably one of my favorite singular lingerie pieces to have found. These silk under shorts are from the 1940's, given the fact that silk shorts like these were used in the 40's as underwear (if you've ever seen the show Bomb Girls, you'd understand what I mean)...I'd never use these as underwear per say, but they work just as good underneath a skirt or dress. The shorts were maximum $3. 


Again, same top, but different slip skirt. This is baby blue (hard to see from the lighting in the picture), with a beautiful floral detailing on the bottom. The first thing that caught my eye with this piece is of course, the detailing. From the late 50's early 60's, and I probably got this for $2. 


Same top, but this red slip is a recent find. The color is beautiful, and it's what caught my eye. The fact that the length of this slip skirt is a tad longer than the majority of my slips is also a bonus. I don't have any bright colored slips which also made me want it even more. From the 1950's, and I paid about $1.50 for this. 


In the first picture, is one of my favorite slips, and I'll be using this slip to show you my bed jackets. This baby blue bed jacket was drawn to me by it's detail (the detailing always gets me). From the late 1950's to early 1960's, the slip was around $4, and from the 60's, the bed jacket was around $2 or $3.


This light pink bed jacket is somewhat similar to the one above, and it's probably the one I wear most often. From the 1960's, and this was around $2.


Another light pink bed jacket, that is simple in detail, but absolutely beautiful. I really love the detailing and softness of this particular one. From the 1950's/1960's, and I paid about $3 for this one. 


On with the night gowns. This is a recent buy, and I believe it's from the 1930's. My reasons being the style of it - it's extremely long in length, the color, fabric, and design of the dress tell me that it's either from the 30's or 40's. The back of this dress has a cut in the shape of a very thin oval, and has a hook 'n eye. The hook is of older metal, and the string used for the eye is a piece of old material. I can see right away that this was hand made. Again, another thing done often in those time periods. I paid $3.50 for this gown. 


Another recent buy. I adore this one. I want to say it's from the 1970's because of the design in the back and front. It's fairly long in length, but the top is my favorite part. I didn't get a close up on the detailing in the front but it's see-through lace in the downward triangle following from underneath the breasts down to the belly button. This one was $2.


This particular night gown I wear all the time. It's comfy and fits me the way I want it to. Also, I feel like Wendy from Peter Pan every time I wear it. I actually think one year I may go as Wendy for Halloween. I'd say this gown is from the 1960's and I paid $3.


This gown was passed down to me from my Mother, which belonged to her grandmother. It's from the 1930's, is light pink, and is a mixture of a silk/satin blend. It's long in length (which is a major give away of it being from the 30's). What I love most about this gown is that it makes me feel like a movie star from the 1930's...like Joan Crawford or Jean Harlow. The embroidered bow in the front is another favorite part to this gown. All in all this is a beautiful article of clothing and I paid nothing.


I wanted to save the best for last. Both these pieces are recent buys. The first picture of this neutral colored slip is very fitting to my body, and I love that about it. But what I love more than anything is this light pink robe from the early 1960's. I almost fell to the floor when I saw this. I'd never seen a more beautiful robe in my entire life. I feel like Elizabeth Montgomery from Bewitched in this damn robe. The lace at the bottom added a little something more to it. I paid $6 for it, and it was worth every penny. 

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post, and I also hope I'm not the only person who enjoys collecting things such as this. I just wanted to share my vintage lingerie pieces because these are not only article's of clothing, but they are really works of art. The detail and love put into every single one is remarkable. So I hope you find something remarkable to collect. 

Sincerely, Miss Voodoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog