Image Map

Wednesday 27 May 2015

OOTD: 1950's Casual Western


In my last post, I talked about my inspirations for Spring/Summer. Well, here is one of my outfits that was 'Western' inspired! I'm not too sure as to why I decided to pose in front of my bar cart, but I just did. I didn't have anyone to photograph me, so I had to put my phone on self timer (bare with me, the photos aren't perfect). 


Shirt: Thrift find.

Shorts: Also thrifted, payed maybe $3 or $4. 

Belt: Is a brown sued, with a engraved metal hook, belonged to my Mother. 

Bangles: The two wooden ones were my Mom's, the bangle in the middle is bakelite and it was thrifted for around $2. 

Scarf: Thrifted, payed a dollar. 

Brooch: Holding the scarfs knot in between was given to me by my Mother, which I believe belonged to her mother. It is a gold star shape.

Purse: This wooden purse was given to me by my Grandmother. It's a gorgeous box purse from the 1960's, made in Hong Kong.

Hair flower: Made by yours truly.

Shoes: Wal-Mart, $10.


It was extremely hot outside, so I wanted to go for a casual look, but with a unique flare to it. The western theme was just kind of put together in the spur of the moment. My up-do was also a spur of the moment kind of thing. As it was really humid outside, I thought an up-do would be perfect. I really like how this outfit came out because it is casual, but has a 1950's feel to it. I need to do more outfits like this in the future.

Sincerely, Miss. Voodoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog