Image Map

Friday 5 June 2015

Rock-A-Hula, Rock, Rock-A-Hula, Rock-A-Hula, ROCK!

Happy Friday lovelies!!! This weeks post is a 'Hawaiian' themed outfit. As I've said in one of my last posts about my spring/summer inspirations, one of my summer inspirations was the whole Hawaiian themed outfits. Well, I've been saving this one of a kind shirt and skirt piece, straight from Honolulu: or so it says on the label. I scored this beauty at one of my local thrift stores back in the winter season. I've been saving it for spring and summer, as its pastel colors are perfect for warm weather!


When I first saw this piece, I immediately thought of Elvis Presley's film, "Blue Hawaii." One of my favorite songs from that film was 'Rock-A-Hula'. 








"Got a hula lulu, from Honolulu."









"The way she moves her hips to her fingertips, I feel I'm heaven bound. And when she starts to sway, I've gotta say, she really moves the grass around."












Outfit piece: Thrifted for $6. This piece is from the 1980's, but, it has a vintage feel to it. 

Shoes: Call it Spring, $20. 

Accessories: Vintage bracelet from a friend, 1950's. Brooch also from a friend, 1940's/1950's. 

Belt: Thrifted, $3. 

Bag: Given to me by my grandmother, its from the 1960's. But, there is a brand that makes purses' very similar to this one. It's called, "Sun Jellies

Magazine: Bought at a local Antique Store, $10. 

There were a lot of photos taken, it was hard for me to choose a couple, so I narrowed it down as best as I could. I just had way too much fun with this! I also was able to encourage my sister to take the pictures for me - huh, I think she's missed her calling. Hopefully she will be able to do this for me for the rest of my future blog posts! 

Sincerely, Miss. Voodoo.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful! Your dress is to die for.
    It's nice to see another fellow 50's-loving Canadian!

    http://welcometoflipsville.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Search Blog