Image Map

Friday 12 December 2014

Happy Birthday Frank Sinatra!

Today would have been Frank Sinatra's 99th birthday! The most amazing crooner to ever exist (besides Dean Martin, of course). I don't think I'd be able to put into words just how much this man means to me.
I grew up listening to Sinatra with my grandfather - he was probably his biggest fan I've ever known. I always wondered who this Sinatra fellow was, and even though my grandfather would be jamming out to him in the car, I never really gave Sinatra a chance to appreciate him, while my grandpa was alive. It wasn't until my grandfather sadly passed away about 4 years ago, that I actually started to listen to Frank Sinatra. Boy, did it hurt me. The fact that Sinatra was such a big part of my grandfathers life and I never really stopped to hear his powerful singing voice: it destroyed me that I couldn't share this with him. To think that if he were still alive today, I would have a ton of other things to talk to him about. My grandfather was my best friend and I still try to hold back tears, because it doesn't seem like he's really gone; sometimes I feel that he may just walk through the door and everything will be normal again, but I know it's never going to happen. Besides that, Frank Sinatra has become a huge part of my life, and has helped me come to terms that everything will be okay, that I will be okay, and that things happen for a reason. After hearing this beautiful voice of his, I told myself that I need to find more great singers of the golden age; and therefore I found singers like Dean Martin, Bobby Darin, Nat King Cole, Dion and the Belmonts, Billie Holiday, Ricky Nelson, Elvis Presley, and I of course found my true style. I can't remember the first Sinatra movie I ever saw, but once I saw it, I realized that this man was hands down, the most spectacular and talented man I have ever seen. He's not only powerful when he sings, but he's powerful on the big screen as well.
So today, my outfit was in tribute to this great man who once lived, but still lives in our hearts forever.


Frank Sinatra tee: eBay
The skirt is actually a dress but I like the skirt part better than the top so I usually just put a tee over top of it. I got it at a local thrift store. 
Tights: My Mom's dresser (haha, I steal my Mom's stuff a lot).
Shoes: Wal-Mart

Hair accessory: Made by me


This isn't my only Sinatra novel, but I like this one a lot.

If you guys are interesting in the way I did my hair: 


Top left: I left plastic vintage rollers in my hair over night, without any gel - just wet hair. 
Top right: What it looks like when taken out. 
Bottom left: Run my fingers through my curls. 
Bottom right: Brushed out with round brush - hairspray'd the crap out of it, and voila! 

I hope you enjoyed my outfit for today; tribute to the great Francis Albert Sinatra (1915 - 1998) - the best is yet to come. 
There are so many great quotes by this incredible and sassy man, but here are my two favorites: 
"I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes."
"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine." 

1 comment:

Search Blog