Image Map

Saturday 13 December 2014

King Cry-Baby

Forget the cold winter weather approaching - today, it felt like spring was here. So, I wore my favorite (and only) leather jacket; sorry, it's actually false leather since I don't believe in wearing animals for fashion. Although I don't like wearing real leather, I do love the look of these jackets (plus, real leather is much too expensive for my liking). I love the 'bad-assery' it has, and how you can make it look even more bad-ass with having all kinds of junk all over it like pins/buttons. Well, I pushed it to the maximum of bad-assery. In September, I was getting ready to head down to Fairmount, Indiana for the annual James Dean Festival and I just so happened to be watching the film Cry Baby, and with not seeing it in such a long time, I fell in love with this film all over again. It's the true rockabilly musical. Johnny Depp is so damn hot in this film, it's insane. I gave my sister a great idea - to put the same 'Cry Baby' logo on the back of our jackets for the festival. Just as this:


My sister is always painting various things on jackets; whether it be a leather one, or a denim one. So she made a stencil, and voila, we had the same Cry Baby logo on our jackets to show how much we love this film! 

This is the finished product (in Fairmount, the first night there, at a concert of a great band that plays all songs from the 1950's called The Moon Cats!). I had so much fun that night. Danced my heart out; ugh, take me back! 
Before I showed you my outfit from today, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite photos taken of me wearing this jacket while at the festival.


Obviously, singing my heart out, and dancing with my good friend from Australia, Phil.


Probably my favorite photo, hands down. I love this pup!


A young photography student was doing a piece on 'Fashion in the streets' or something fun like that, and loved my sister and I's look so much that she asked if she could photograph us and use us in her assignment. 


Wearing my favorite shirt, of my good friend Lenny, who is a fashion designer and he makes the coolest bowling shirts (I have one of my own that I love, and will probably post about it in the future).

Here is my outfit from today: 


I'm wearing my Cry Baby jacket, with a black v-neck top from Ricki's, a plaid skirt from the 1950's that I got at a local thrift store, tennis shoes, and topped with Bakelite bracelets and a watch from the 1950's.


"Cry-Baby don't dig squares."


Close up of the back.


I have way too much fun showing off my jacket. It's bad-ass, and if you don't agree with me, than you're wrong. But, honestly, if you want to have a jacket like this than look out for an inexpensive jacket at your local thrift store, and then you can do it too! With a handmade stencil, and white paint...it's easy, and affordable! Yay, for affordable!!!

"You big ole Cry - Baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog