Image Map

Thursday 19 March 2015

Spring is on the Horizon!


Ah, spring. The smell of snow melting, trees and plants blossoming - there's really nothing like it! Anyone who knows me, knows that my two favorite seasons are spring and fall. There's something about the feeling of it being cold, then becoming warm in the spring; and of it being warm to becoming cooler in the fall. But there is something about the fresh air in the spring - it's so breathtaking. The sun shines through your window in the morning while the birds are singing, morning dew on the grass, fresh breeze coming through your window, and the sun stays a little longer in the evening - it's just perfect. Not only do I love the feel of spring, but I especially love the clothes you can wear; you can start to wear denim jackets - or no jacket at all, peddle pushers, sweater shirts, flats, tennis shoes, etc. etc. The pastel colors are a favorite of mine - soft pinks, purples, blues, yellows, and greens.


 After this past winter, I've really come to the conclusion that I hate it. Why I love spring and fall is pretty obvious to anyone: it's between warm and cold, which is perfect for me.

{Rita Hayworth is always my Spring fashion inspiration}

Story time: around spring, I visit my cousins in Ohio. It's always so much fun with them - showing us around, going to various retro and vintage shops, or takings us on tour of places our ancestors have been or are. We usually spend Easter together, but it's the tradition that makes me happy. One particular and simple part of visiting my cousins takes place in the morning. My one cousin that I usually stay with has a very modest home, that is absolutely adorable...with a porch and big backyard. My family is Italian so people walk in and out of the home which I love beyond words. But, let me try and have you visualize it: waking up in the morning, with the sweet smell of coffee and rustling around in the kitchen or front area, you get up, get ready. My cousin whom I stay with is always the first up, and once he has his coffee, he'll take his cup, two dogs and sit out on the front porch with the fresh dew on the grass and breeze in the air. Sometimes my cousin will have a boombox sitting outside and he'll play around the stations to find the one he wants. Once I'm up, I get my cup of coffee and join him. We'll talk about anything and everything - it's one of those very simple memories and traditions to me that makes everything perfect in my eyes. I get so excited when visiting my family in Ohio, and can't wait to visit them again soon. 


I'll always love the feeling spring gives me. The fact that spring is official tomorrow, makes me so happy. We've already been having the perfect weather, now for the fun road trips of spring that I enjoy so much! Bring on the beautiful weather!  

Sincerely, Miss. Voodoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog